Saturday, June 13, 2009

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Neil has a theory that children who will be...ummm...a bit more 'naughty' are made by God to be especially adorable. In essence, the cuter the kid, the more you better watch out! Interestingly, I am beginning to think he may just be on to something with that theory.

I will never forget walking into the conference room in Wuhan, Hubei and seeing Sophie in person for the very first time. The first thing that Neil said was, "Uh-oh. She is REALLY cute. I think we may be in trouble!"

He was right.

So, fast forward to present day and I decide to take some candid shots of The Littles. Just as I SNAP my camera I catch Miss Naughty Pants in action. Check out her left hand. Yup, after polishing off a bag of mini-marshmallows, she proceeds to TOSS THE TRASH UP AND OVER THE COUCH! I had been finding random trash behind the couch, but I couldn't figure out where in the world it was coming from. Now I know!




I immediately say, "Ah-ha, Sophie! I CAUGHT YOU, and I have it all on film!" Livie begins cracking up (nothing makes a sibling happier than to see their sibling getting busted! LOL).


Ooops! Did I just throw the trash over and behind the couch?! Silly me!

Sophie picks up her trash...


...and throws it in the trash.


Good girl, Sophie!
Mary


6 comments:

Tammie said...

Oh my! She is really cute! And I can see that she might be a handful. I see that you prescribe to Jolene's theory of "they're born this cute so they can get out of trouble for all they're going to do."

Mary said...

Yup, I shared that theory with Jolene the moment they brought Emma home! LOL It is true, it is true! :o)

Vivian M said...

LOL!!! Busted!

Carrie said...

She is so cute- Wow I dread the day my oldest gets a car or a bank account!

Heather said...

I think there really is something to that cute kid theory!

We5Chois said...

Haha -Mary that look on Sophie's face is the same one I see on Cady most of the time. Little Minx's, we are all in trouble.