Saturday, September 19, 2009

Our QB - At Least For A Little While


Although Chris has played flag football for several years now, this year marked the first time he played tackle football. To say I was nervous would be an understatement! But, he LOVES football. Eat. Sleep. Dream. FOOTBALL!
Chris' position was Quarter Back, and I was amazed how this same kid who, 5 minutes after taking a spelling test would forget how to spell 75% of the week's spelling words, could commit to memory numerous plays and how to execute said plays.
Unbelievable.
And so the first game came.
We were excited (ok, so I was more panicked than anything else, but I suppose that excitement was in somewhere in my vat of emotions).





Chris' personal cheering section


First series and thanks to Chris' amazing talent at QB (yes, I know I am biased!), his team scores a touchdown. And then they go on to the extra point......

......which after a DOGPILE did not work out so well for Chris.


And so my baby tough warrior is down on the field.


After the trip to the Pediatric Emergency Room he came home with his leg wrapped and we put him in an ice-water circulating pack. The following Monday involved a trip to the Pediatric Orthopedic where is was confirmed that Chris had a break at the growth plate in his ankle.
Three weeks were spent in a cast and although he got his cast off last Monday, he is still very tender and walking with a limp. Neil is taking him to the Physical Therapist on Monday, and hopefully we can have him up and around sans the limp very soon.

Mary

No comments: