Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pearly Whites!



The first photo shows the effects of baby-bottle mouth. While Livie's was relatively mild (in large part since we adopted her when she was 18 months old), it was present for sure. She had numerous cavities and decay, the most obvious being that in between her two top front teeth. She was very aware of this, and would always try to floss it away (I sure wish it worked that way! LOL). Although we had been to one pediatric dentist to begin her treatment, the experience was a nightmare and ended with the wicked crazy woman dentist actually drilling on Livie without having given her any pain/numbing medicine.
After that horrid experience it took a couple of YEARS - yes, years - before I was able to sweat talk Livie into going back to the dentist. This time around we went to a pediatric dentist based on the recommendation of a friend. Our new dentist turned out to be FABULOUS, and did an amazing job on Livie's teeth. Livie still has one more appointment to go to in order to get her entire mouth completely healthy, but we are already so happy to see her new and lovely smile!

Mary

4 comments:

Tammie said...

Livie will always have an amazing smile because she is an amazing person. It's great to hear that you found a dentist who was able to connect with her though. I had a dentist drill me without anything also when I was 5. My next trip to the dentist was at 8 to my cousin Joel. When I found out he was going to be my dentist, I took a chunk out of his shoulder. And proceeded to get a spanking from him. In the end, he turned my attitude around. To this day, he still tells that story!

Patricia said...

Oh Mary.... Willow had this to the extreme. The photos are so bad I can't post them. All but three of her teeth were rotten. She had to go in the hospital for all the work.
Patricia

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Wow! Here teeth look great! What a difference!

Blessings,
Robin

Vivian M said...

Yay Livie, you have beautiful pearly whites!