Monday, July 14, 2008

Six Little Words



Waaayyyyyyy back on July 4th, my friend, Vivian, tagged me with 'Six Words that Describe You'. Well, life can get in the way sometimes, and so I am now just getting to this assignment!
So, here it goes...
"My heart rejoices in the Lord"
1 Samuel 2:1 NIV
This is taken from Hannah's Prayer. As a mom who has delt with infertility issues, miscarrage and adoption, I can totally relate to the thankfulness and joy that Hannah felt upon being blessed by God with her son, Samuel. God has blessed me abundantly through the miracle of birth (Lindsay & Chris) and through the miracle of adoption (Olivia & Sophie). He has also blessed me big time with an amazing husband, Neil, who is the most wonderful husband and father.
Outside of my immediate family my blessings continue, with an enourmous extended family (parents, brother, in-laws, sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws, many nephews and one sweet niece!). God is SO GOOD!
Vivian tells me that once I post my '6 Words that Describe Myself', I must *tag* 5 other people. I have chosen people who I would love to learn just a bit more about:
I am looking forward to reading each of these ladies' '6 Words'! Have fun!
Mary

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love that!

Vivian M said...

That was awesome, I love your six words!!!!

Teresa =) said...

OK, I accepted your tag (on our "Continuing the Journey" blog)...but my words aren't nearly as creative as yours. Rather than scour the Bible for a six-word verse that sums me up, I just chose six separate words.

If you're interested, check it out!

Teresa =)

Kristin said...

Golly, guess I'd better start thinking!

Tammie said...

Great post! I actually use Hannah's prayer as a lesson in my class.

Teresa =) said...

Your six words were much more creative than mine, but thanks for "tagging" me...it was kinda fun!!

Teresa =)