Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chris' Awards

Chris and Ms. Barber







Mr. Smartie-pant's Awards



Today was Chris' awards celebration at school. Shocker among shockers, our son won the title of 'Most Athletic'. Now, I do not know that he is the most athletic kid in his class, but he certainly is oozing of testosterone (judging by the enormous amounts of dirty clothing spread out upon the floor of his room and his LOVE for all things football and ESPN!).


Livie did not do well with this activity. To my shame I will tell you that I had not adequately prepared her for the 'party' atmosphere which would be taking place in Chris' classroom. Thus, immediately upon my opening the door to Chris' classroom poor little Livie began to shake and tremor. Tears quickly followed...and within about 30 seconds flat I had a 4 1/2 year old who had attached herself to my leg with what I swear was Super Glue! We ended up having to leave fairly quickly.


Note to self: remember to explain the day's activities to Livie in detail. If you don't, you will pay the consequences. Sigh...and you will feel terrible when your kiddo is in tears and begging to go home.


Mary


2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Way to go Chris! Woohoo!!! Good job!

Tammie said...

Yay Chris!! Awesome job on all those awards!!