Monday, May 12, 2008

A New Phone & A Great Movie

Ah...breakfast as a family...how very nice! Cards for moi...how lovely! A new LG Voyager cell phone...WHOOOHOOO!

Here is my new little baby in the perfect shade of go-with-everything-I-wear black:





As planned, Neil took Lindsay and Livie to Church, while I stayed at home with sick little Sophie. Chris didn't want me to be 'left behind by myself' so he stayed home with Sophie and I and was a great helper. He is the sweetest kid! After Church Neil came home and I took off for a few hours of shopping sans children. I was able to get quite a few things done, and had a great time, not buying ONE thing for my kids!

After returning home we all enjoyed a wonderful dinner prepared by Neil, who is in fact an excellent cook. Clean up the dishes, bathtime, bedtime for the kids and Neil and I settled in to watch a movie which he had rented. Neil had rented a dramedy called Dan In Real Life, which I had not heard of, but Neil promised me I would enjoy. Well, boy, was he RIGHT! It was sweet, charming and very funny...I definitely recommend it. As a side note, Steve Carell's character's sister in the movie is an adoptive mom to a little Asian girl. Of course, I spotted this right away! As I watched the movie I was impressed with the fact that NOTHING regarding this child's biology or adoption was even slightly hinted at in the movie. The little girl (who's name I believe was Bella) is just one of the many children in this extended family. They are a family like so very many others. They are a family like mine!

So, that was my Mother's Day! I hope all of you other Moms out there had a wonderful day as well!

Mary

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Tammie said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. I'm all for relaxing & being spoiled myself. Now if we didn't have to wait for just a few days a year, I'd be even happier.